11/04/2004

I had another dream about you the other day. How is it that I never have dreams about people until...Even when I don't think of you, actively or passively, you seem to plague my mind--or at least my unconscious...

Then...last night I dreamed about my modem arriving. This is becoming an obsession...

...

I suppose parents do really know you...whether or not you think so. My mom told me I place too much stock in ppl, that I become unknowingly, unconsciously close to ppl, at least mentally...on some sort of emotional level. I already knew that I typically get really close with friends pretty damn quickly if they're the right type, that I really really like my friends, but sometimes get easily sick of them, depending on dosage, whether I overdose...and the type of drug (to keep up this metaphore). Perhaps tho, my mom was right. I kind of take my blase attitude for granted about things...without realizing the actual emotional investment that I do give things. Later I pay, dearly. Yup, after I make lots of mistakes. I think this applies to many things in my life.

And yet...

Learning in such a manner does aptly fit the masochistic profile...

It seems, the less prolific I am in life, the more prolific I am on this site...anybody else recognize the trend?

No comments: