5/24/2005

It's been a bit of a while since I've last posted. Lots has happened. My sister arrived in Paris yesterday and it was wonderful to see her after nearly 10 months. Her first words to me were to comment on my oddly long hair and impressive weight gain. It was a real ego boost. Believe you me. Anyway, I made the damned haircut appointment...and will be consequently starving myself. Er, excuse my Freudian slip-esque ramblings.

This post was gonna be a really cheery one! It really was! Then I opened my email and saw one from our head program director titled "sad news." Apparently a student in our very own program "took his own life." Man. Not again. I whipped out the "Whiskey Lullaby" and was inspired to post. I knew Parisian life was difficult, I mean, in terms of not knowing your own neighbor and that sorta thing that is quite common in most big impersonal cities. But damn. Foreign students are dying like flies here.

Okay, enough of that.

Update on German guy

Friday I was this close to writing a post about my Thursday night, which would have been entitled, "How not to win a guy over" or "What not to do when sleep-deprived and emotionally exhausted"...

But then, whatever I did actually worked. It's odd, the more unsure you get, the more sure they always do...I promise to give the details as soon as this wave of work passes me by.

So tomorrow I have a huge exam. Was gonna do a small dinner tonight. Invited a few friends. Now there's seven people coming. Damn.

No comments: