3/13/2007

Vague on purpose...*

Today I was reminded again of a line from "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle," a line that gave me a lot of comfort way back when. Said by a black dude in prison, who has suffered a lot of wrongs at the hands of very ignorant, racist people...

"The universe tends to unfold as it should..."

And of course, the film proceeds, and I won't tell you what happens...But, in his case, the universe unfolds as it should.

I cannot tell you how many times I have repeated that line to myself in the past, seeking some sort of consolation, or karmic vindication for things I felt terribly wrong, unjust or just plain annoying.

I'm not quite sure how things will go for me in this next week. How things that matter incredibly to me--a lot--in ways that are impossible for me to truly quantify...(that seems to be the tenor of things these days)...will go. I can only say, "the universe tends to unfold as it should"--and hope, and pray, that how it should go...is in my favor.

*I don't post about work, typically, but this relates in great part to frustrations I am dealing with at work--as well as personally, in every way possible. Yes, I still love my job...No, I'm not (yet) suicidal. *grin of smirking sarcasm*

No comments: