2/28/2003

Man, it's been a long time...

What can I say? I've been reading everyone else's blogs & haven't had time to update my own. Along with being too busy with schoolwork, nonsensical chatting & some wonderful arguing (debating? your call). Well, since I'm not really writing for an audience (b/c everyone long gave up on me), I can pretty much say whatever huh?

Just remembered that yesterday was my parents' anniversary... they're long gone now in Cabo San Lucas--damn Mexico for being international, can't call them--we shoulda annexed it when we had the chance...j/k...(wouldn't want Raquel to kill me). To make matters worse I haven't done my FAFSA, due very very soon, & i'm worried I'm gonna have to rely on memory for all of those figures. Do they really prosecute people for perjury on those things? (just a thought)

So, I met this nice guy, Benjamin, he's fresh outta the Israeli army & is visiting for a while. He's a bit too thin & has an Israeli accent. You would think that our politics would match, after all, he's Jewish & Israeli. But...leave it to me to find the one guy who's almost atheistic, non-practicing & has issues with the Israeli government. He is liberal enough to agree with most of the opposition, or if not agree with them, annoyingly not disagree with them. But, I want to get to know him. He has a very interesting outlook, is quiet & softspoken. Oh yeah, another problem. He's 23 years old...is that a problem? i dunno, he doesn't seem 23. He seems to be 21 at most. His birthday is Dec. 30, 1979....in the 70s...woah. My cut off was 21...oh well. Another problem of mine...i compare everyone with Isaac, I wish that I could just leave that behind, but I can't. & to tell you the truth, he's losing the comparison battle. stupid huh? Well, we'll see...

What else? This may be long, gots lotsa catchup to do. I did absolutely horrible on my chemistry midterm, so horrible that I'm worried, nervous & bothered by my senioritis, only the second semester into my freshman year. I am trying to stay focused. Going home for Valentine's Day really helped a lot. Btw, today's Chris's birthday. Happy Birthday Chris!

Today I went for coffee with Benjamin, it was nice, was gonna audit a psych class with him, but had to go talk with my English professor bought my paper. I really really enjoyed our discussion. it was great though a little awkward at first. I think i may do it more often. My CD player is always running out of batteries, how long are those things supposed to last neway?

I've been obsessively thinking about the DailyCal these last couple of days. That's all i can/will/wanna say about that. But, you know how it is. I love writing articles. here's another "we'll see..." Raquel's gone home for the thirtieth time this semester. I usually like it, but now it kinda sux--couple reasons here: my room gets really scary at night & she helps keep me focused, cuz then i can compare antisocial self w/ her & keep on track. (confusing things go on in my head).

I missed alias & now i imagine everyone looks like Michael Vartan.

Some stupid stuff happened in my dorm. Got a new friend named Michelle--kinda odd since she shares my sister's name--not literally. This new friendship has allowed me to alienate half of the fifth floor girls (dunno why? maybe it's my annoying personality, maybe it's the color of my hair!) & Sean, who has a wild, perverted imagination, which I think may have been encouraged by some of Chris's mispeaks (is that a word?). For those of you who aren't me...if neone else reads this, you'll probably find this hella (a norcal word) confusing. Oh well.

I have a polisci paper due Monday which I'm extremely freaked out about. More freaked out about the English paper that was going to be due the same day. Luckily it'll be due the following week when I have my Chem midterm. AUGH! I've gotta study my butt off for that one! I'm really excited about meeting my mentee tomorrow...i hope she's excited & we get along.

geez louis, this is the longest & most boring blog i've ever written. i'm working on entertaining myself. hmmm, i guess i hit a dry spell. will blog later...(i was tempted to write out my ideas for my English paper here...but, i think i'll save that for the next entry ;) lookin forward to it...)

No comments: