3/27/2003

I guess morbid dreams have recently become my thing. Dreamt that I was hiding from the annual Nazi search for Jews. Somehow, these people in a blood red firetruck would go around every year searching for Jews and then killing them and everyone who's remotely Jewish. So, everyone had to hide. I was hiding in my car with a blanket over me, messed up so that it looks like no one is underneath it. I had this urge to go hide at a neighbors house and then run back before they went to check that house at the "all-clear." But, my mother said that my belongings without a person in the house would give me away. How is hiding in the car any different? I don't know. I guess that's why dreams don't always make sense. My neighbor Ava was in my dream too, I guess that's cuz i saw her sister yesterday. Anyway, she was going over to the PBS station to hide. Don't ask me why...i have no clue what PBS is doing in my dream. I don't even think there's a station nearby. Suddenly, when i'm lying there all prepared...(oh yeah, initially there was this huge panic to find a place to hide...it was torture)..my dad moves the car in. So, now, for some reason, i'm lying in the car, but completely visible to everyone. I decide to go into the other car. I run to the Ford Explorer and try the key pad, but apparently my dad has changed the code, so i can't open it anymore. I run into the house and tell my dad to open the car. He does. I run back outside and the Nazi's are making their three-point turn in their firetruck to come check out my house. I jump into my dad's car, lie down, and realize i have no blanket to cover myself with. It's too late to run out and grab the blanket from the other car, the door has automatically locked and the Nazi's are already coming...At this point--terrorized by my own mind...i wake up.

No comments: