3/01/2003

Just got back from a semi-uncomfortable dinner w/ Namrata and Marianna. Both high school buds. It's weird, we did a little count of high school friends--almost everyone's here. Some people have problems, others don't...but, it's the samish group. I ran into Chris Reeder last semester & I remember him telling me that he has new friends & some "new" friends--Beverly friends who he never really got close with until he came to Berkeley. Odd, I thought...but I bet that phenomenon is pretty common. I spoke with Roni on the internet today, it was great. She's very active at SD & we're gonna talk more often. Things appear to be going well w/ her...though I can't really tell from our 20 min convo. I've known her for such a long time, but that's probably one of the longest conversations we've ever had (and one of the most mature). In any case, it's a little sad, making me a little nostalgic, how people grow apart. I guess the only consolation is that (in my life) I always seem to rehash some time down the line.

Everyone's talking about housing & I'm feeling a little left out. i mean, the dorms are pretty expensive, but very convenient. should I put that financial burden on my parents b/c I'm lazy and for the sake of convenience? I don't know. But I'm thinking of taking a bit of a look around.

I almost missed the dinner mentioned above (good thing I didn't b/c I have only one swipe left)...b/c I was asleep. It's so easy to fall asleep in my room when working, not only as a method of procrastination, but b/c it gets so hot in here (conjuring up images of Nelly...aaaahh). Blink 182 is on the radio, u know that song...all the small things...well--i guess i'll go work now. i'd rather go see a movie. maybe go on a midnight run w/ chris. yeah....

No comments: