3/11/2003

Well, thanks to all you wonderful copy editors out there...the English paper is moving along...you know who you are.... =)

On a more annoyed note...I am waiting for my laundry to be washed...
I've got no sheets b/c my stupid detergent Tide thing has AGAIN suddenly appeared with a hole in it. I picked it up...& whaddaya know...there's a hole in the bottom of it & the stuff is leaking all over my damn bed. So now, I have to wash my sheets... =(

Not only that, but struggling to pour the stuff into the washers made it leak everywhere & my hands were all soapy. THEN i had to go add money to my laundry card b/ ci ran out... Next time I'm using the powdery stuff!

Oh yeah, I had a chem midterm today. So...I go to the Super DC to get food & decide I have plenty of time since they start at 6:10 p.m. & last time we didn't start the exam until 6:40 p.m. But, whaddaya know. I arrive at the building at 6:05 p.m. & trying the door. LOCKED! so i try the next door...ALSO LOCKED!!! EVERY SINGLE DOOR WAS LOCKED. About six minutes later....t=6:11 p.m. I am still outside, hot, sweaty, tired, & i have a cramp from dinner. I finally see a human being who looks like he'd know how to get in the building. ( i assume everyone else is taking the midterm already...) I call after him..."Sir..." But, Berkeley streets have trained him to ignore strangers calling after him...so, he ignores me. After the tenth sir, he finally turns. I ask him how to get in & he tells me i have to go all the way around the entire freaking building to get into the only door open till 8 p.m.

I run around the building trying doors again, making sure i don't miss one b/c he's not detailed enough in his explanation. I finally find a tiny tiny door between the two buildings (Le Conte--is the building by the way)...I run to the room, which, of course, is upstairs. when I arrive, just as i suspect, the entire class is sitting silently, working away on their midterms. b/c of the wonderful stadium seats, I get to walk all the way down to the front, while everyone watches (well, works, but i could feel their eyes!!!)...& then walk back. I finally sit down w/ my exam, breathing hard, sweaty, hot, tired, stomach cramped and very annoyed. it's about 6:20 p.m. & i start the exam....

That, plus the laundry fiasco...hmmm...some day

Did I mention they started the exam at 6:01 p.m.??? Just my luck!

No comments: