6/24/2003

Wow. Work has been such a reality check for me today. I mean, I suppose I've led a pretty sheltered life. In a way I haven't met ppl who've had kids at the age of 17 and have to raise them themselves...

I went to lunch today w/ some coworkers, & that's where my odyssey begins. They were all basically in their mid-20s, 4 girls (including me) & i got alllll the office gossip, etc. One of them is going to get married next Thursday. The other has an 8 year old son (she's 25) & the other has Hodgekins. What a crowd.

I was slightly less interesting. Just a wide-eye intern asking them questions about different things. It was quite a learning experience and very informative. I rarely, okay never, get this sort of perspective on ppls lives. I guess today's my philosophical day or something...

No comments: