7/17/2003

Sometimes such events give a little perspective on life. Such a sad day...read it here. I was there, afterward. I had to see it for myself. And it was the most depressing thing I've ever seen personally. I saw a body bag being moved. Everyone there was just staring, there were no words. Some of the ppl were airlifted to hospitals. Helicopters and media everywhere. Strangely it brought everyone together. For a little while, I understood how ppl in Israel must feel on a very regular basis, and it was very scary. A lot of ppl started waxing philosophic, in a good way. I felt pretty close to complete strangers as we talked about the fragility of life, how every moment should be treasured b/c it could be taken away at any moment for no reason whatsoever. why get upset, when it won't matter in the long run, will it?

No comments: