7/12/2004

So I decided to try and be as honest as possible with this survey. If I don't feel like answering--for whatever reason (not b/c the answer is suspcious but perhaps even because the question offends me...) then I won't. Especially since what I do type can be used against me in a court of law.

What is your name?: les yeux de la tete
Are you named after anyone?: French idiomatic expression for "an arm and a leg"
What's your screename?: N/A
Would you name a child of yours after you?: no. I want them to be an individual and I would never be so egotistical or egocentric.
If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be?: Benjamin
If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?: No one.
Are there any mispronounciations/typos that ppl do w/ your name constantly?: Too man. Unfortunately.
Would you drop your last name if you became famous?: No.

Basics
Your gender: Female
Straight/Gay/Bi: Straight
Single?: No.
If not, do you want to be?: No.
Birthdate: October 11
Your age: 19
Age you act: Depends who you ask, and when you ask them.
Age you wish you were: 19
Your height: 5'9"
Eye color: Dark brown.
Happy with it?: Sure
Hair color: Black.
Happy with it?: Why not.
Lefty/righty/ambidextrous: Righty, but oddly enough can only do certain things with my left hand. Perhaps I am secretly ambidextrous or a lefty.
Your living arrangement: Somewhere in Ohio.
Your family: Mom, Dad, 'lil sis.
Have any pets?: Yes. Winston.
Whats your job?: Business reporter by day, procrastinating fomo by night.
Piercings?: Well, my ears are supposedly pierced, but I haven't been able to get earrings in them for nearly a decade.
Tattoos?: No thanks.
Obsessions?: Food and the person of the moment.
Addictions?: Refer above.
Do you speak another language?: Supposedly French.
Have a favorite quote?: "Work hard, play hard."
Do you have a webpage?: Yes.

Deep Thoughts About Life and You in it
Do you live in the moment?: Sometimes.
Do you consider yourself tolerant of others?: Yes, I would say so.
Do you have any secrets?: Of course.
Do you hate yourself?: Depends when you ask me.
Do you like your handwriting?: I think it's okay. Some people really like it though.
Do you have any bad habits?: Many.
What is the compliment you get from most people?: I'm not quite sure.
If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called?: An example of what NOT to do.
What's your biggest fear?: Failure.
Can you sing?: Physically? Yes.
Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool?: Not really.
Are you a loner?: All too often.
What are your #1 priorities in life?: Academics/Work. Depending on the quality of the former, it can switch off to people I care about.
If you were another person, would you be friends with you?: Yes.
Are you a daredevil?: Yes. More devil though.
Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself?: Many many things.
Are you passive or agressive?: Passive agressive.
Do you have a journal?: I suppose you could call this a journal though I feel uneasy relating most private things.
What is your greatest strength and weakness?: Strength: perseverance, Weakness: The urge to attain peoples' approval. --there are many many more, however.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: I'd make myself less conflicted and more confident. I guess that's two things.
Do you think you are emotionally strong?: I can be. But, I think I need to recharge.
Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life?: Yes.
Do you think life has been good so far?: It's been okay.
What is the most important lesson you've learned from life?: You can try and control it, but sometimes it just takes you out for a ride.
What do you like the most about your body?: The fact that it works, usually.
And least?: Depends on the day.
Do you think you are good looking?: Depends, I think a lot of it is relative.
Are you confident?: At times, but I wish I were more confident--in a non-arrogant way.
What is the fictional character you are most like?: I'm not sure. Hopefully someone good.
I'm probably more like... I don't know.
Are you perceived wrongly?: I'm not sure, people don't tell me their perceptions all too often if they are not complimentary, and then...who doesn't want to believe something good about themselves (no matter how far from the truth it actually is).

Do You...
Smoke?: No.
Do drugs?: No.
Read the newspaper?: Yes.
Pray?: Yes.
Go to church?: Synagogue.
Talk to strangers who IM you?: Sometimes
Sleep with stuffed animals?: At home, wherever that is.
Take walks in the rain?: Whenever I can. Or, if I'm stuck out in it.
Talk to people even though you hate them?: Yes.
Drive?: Sometimes
Like to drive fast?: Yes. Love it.

Would or Have You Ever?
Liked your voice?: Yes, I have before. But, I've also thought it's too low, sounds odd, or not unique enough (meet my sister).
Hurt yourself?: Yes.
Been out of the country?: Yes.
Eaten something that made other people sick?: No. Otherwise, I'm usually the one that gets sick.
Been in love?: Yes.
Done drugs?: No.
Gone skinny dipping?: No.
Had a medical emergency?: Yes.
Had surgery?: Yes.
Ran away from home?: Yes. Briefly--a couple times.
Gotten beaten up?: Sort of.
Beaten someone up?: Yes.
Been picked on?: Yes.
Been on stage?: Yes.
Slept outdoors?: Yes.
Thought about suicide?: Yes.
Pulled an all nighter?: Yes. Many a time.
If yes, what is your record?: When I was travelling I didn't sleep for more than two days.
Gone one day without food?: Yes.
Talked on the phone all night?: Yes.
Slept together with the opposite sex w/o actually having sex?: Yes.
Slept all day?: Not the entire day.
Killed someone?: No.
Made out with a stranger?: No.
Had sex with a stranger?: No.
Thought you're going crazy?: Yes.
Been betrayed?: I don't know.
Had a dream that came true?: I think so.
Broken the law?: Yes.
Met a famous person?: Yes.
Have you ever killed an animal by accident?: No.
On purpose?: When I was younger I used to mess around with worms, I don't if any survived.
Told a secret you swore you wouldn't tell?: I never swore. But then, who thought it was necessary. Short answer, No.
Stolen anything?: Yes, a grape, hotel soap.
Been on radio/tv?: Yes.
Been in a mosh-pit?: When playing "Duck, Duck, Goose."
Had a nervous breakdown?: Yes, though no doctor actually diagnosed me.
Bungee jumped?: No.
Had a dream that kept coming back?: Yes. It included gun, death, running and feelings of terror.

Beliefs
Belive in life on other planets?: Perhaps. Not in the "oooh, aliens" sense...
Miracles?: Yes.
Astrology?: No, I don't believe, though I am superstitious and find it interesting. Quite a combination, huh?
Magic?: Not really.
God?: Yes.
Satan?: Yes.
Santa?: No.
Ghosts?: I'm not sure.
Luck?: Yes.
Love at first sight?: In a perfect world, perhaps, but first sight can be all too deceiving.
Yin and yang (that good can't exist w/o bad)?: Yes to the paranthetical question. Yin and yang bothers me though because Yin refers to female, negative, counterclockwise, moon, whereas Yang refers to male, positive, clockwise and the sun. Who said yin was bad and yang was good?
Witches?: After "Harry Potter"...eh, not really.
Easter bunny?: No.
Believe its possible to remain faithful forever?: Yes.
Believe theres a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?: No.
Do you wish on stars?: Yes.

Deep Theological Questions
Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?: *My* traditional view, yes.
Do you think God has a gender?: No.
Do you believe in organized religion?: Yes.
Where do you think we go when we die?: Heaven or "Hell."

Friends
Do you have any gay/lesbian friends?: Yes.
Who is your best friend?: Namrata. Though she would disagree.
Who's the one person that knows most about you?: Namrata.
What's the best advice that anyone has ever given to you?: "Don't talk too much, listen carefully and smile a lot."
Your favourite inside joke?: I'm not that popular.
Thing you're picked on most about?: Depends on the person, everyone has their favorite thing. I suppose I do it a lot too.
Who's your longest known friend?: Longest known? Zoe, but then, we're not really in contact at all now, unfortunately. Also this guy named Daniel from Kindergarten, but I forgot his last name. I suppose Aaron from our stroller days, but then I was hardly cognizant. I would say Amy. That's probably more accurate. Though that's overlapping family and friends. I consider her my friend. Blood is thicker than...
Newest?: Amy. (Not you, another)
Shyest?: Namrata.
Funniest?: Patrick.
Sweetest?: I hate talking in superlatives. Everyone can be really sweet.
Closest?: Right at this moment--my self.
Weirdest?: Hmm...I don't have that many friends. I'm not sure. Everyone is weird in their own way.
Smartest?: Again, honestly no easy answer.
Ditziest?: I have no desire to publically humiliate someone by labelling them ditzy. Ask me in person if it's your wish to know, but be prepared to answer the question first.
Friends you miss being close to the most?: Namrata.
Last person you talked to online?: Amy.
Who do you talk to most online?: Amy, Steven, Patrick, Eddie, a random assortment of people...sometimes, more accurately before...Namrata.
Who are you on the phone with most?: Patrick.
Who do you trust most?: My self.
Who listens to your problems?: You blog, You.
Who do you fight most with?: Namrata.
Who's the nicest?: All are nice.
Who's the most outgoing?: I'm not sure.
Who's the best singer?: Not sure.
Who's on your shit-list?: Mean people.
Have you ever thought of having sex with a friend?: No.
Who's your second family?: My close friends--scratch that, friend--of the moment.
Do you always feel understood?: Rarely, if ever.
Who's the loudest friend?: Patrick. By far.
Who's house were you last at?: Jordan's.
Name one person who's arms you feel safe in: Patrick's.
Do your friends know you?: No, but they think they do.
Friend that lives farthest away: Well, here are some random places, you figure it out--Ireland, Australia, Taiwan, Chile.

Love and All That
Do you consider love a mistake?: It can be.
What do you find romantic?: The right thing at the right time.
Turn-on?: Someone who gets me.
Turn-off?: Someone who "thinks" they get me--and resorts to all sorts of incorrect assumptions to characterize, classify, stereotype and typecast me.
First kiss?: Camp Ramah.
If someone u had no interest in had interest in dating u how would u feel?: Flattered, but slightly uncomfortable.
Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or going out?: Yes. Friendship is key.
Have u ever wished it was more socially acceptable 4 a girl 2 ask a guy out: Not really.
Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive: Yes.
Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking? Depends.
What is best about the opposite sex?: Concern and caring--chivalry also ain't bad.
What is the worst thing about the opposite sex?: How they act like babies. Suck it up man.
What's the last present someone gave you?: "Noble House" movie.
Are you in love?: Yes.
Do you consider your significant other hot?: Yes, but I don't use that word. So, good looking would be more my thing.

Who Was the Last Person...
That haunted you?: Namrata.
You wanted to kill?: My self.
That you laughed at?: Myself.
That laughed at you?: Jordan.
That turned you on?: I hate to classify things in such a carnal manner, but the thing that's being got at I believe would be best attributed to Patrick.
That broke your heart?: Namrata.
To disappoint you?: Patrick.
To ask you out?: I'm not sure.
To make you cry?: Patrick.
To brighten up your day?: Patrick.
That you thought about?: Patrick.
You saw a movie with?: Patrick.
You talked to on the phone?: Patrick.
You talked to through IM/ICQ?: Probably Amy.
You saw?: My bosses at the paper.
You lost?: I guess that would be Namrata.

Right This Moment...
Are you going out?: Out of the office, yes. (No, I usually don't spend time at work on this sort of crap, but I guess I was feeling especially reflective today.)
Will it be with your significant other?: No.
Or some random person?: No. All. by. myself.
What are you wearing right now?: Some pants and a shirt, and all the normal stuff.
Body part you're touching right now: None, I'm sitting and typing.
What are you worried about right now?: Too many things.
What book are you reading?: "Whirlwind" by James Clavell (I wonder if people called him "Jim" for short).
What's on your mousepad?: No mousepad here, just some weird keyboard placement contraption thing.
Use 5 words to describe how you're feeling: Tired, Reflective, Sad, Nostalgic, Lonely.
Are you bored?: Not really.
Are you tired?: Yes.
Are you talking to anyone online?: No.
Are you talking to anyone on the phone?: No.
Are you lonely or content?: Lonely.
Are you listening to music?: Yes, of course.

No comments: