10/13/2004

OMG.

I have been trying to work on my stupid presentation for the last two hours in this "quiet" study center.

Bull shit.

It's noisy as hell in here. After grinning and bearing it for 1.5 hours, I finally told the girls next to me to shut up. I wish. Instead, I said..."I don't mean to be a pain, but I'm working on something due in three hours...and, uh...that may be a long time...but, um...yeah, I don't mean to be a pain."

I thought they got the point. Apparently they did. For two minutes.

So, I decided to recuperate my heart...which in such instances is often on the bring of a "crise cardiac"...

I decided to take a 15 minutes break, read some humor columns...and then start working at 3 p.m. That'd give me a nice 2 hours of work to finish up. During those 15 minutes, it's wondefully silent...Ahhh..I think...great!

Of course, as soon as 3 p.m. rolls around, as soon as I am ready to start working. Another freakin "girl"--from the "group" here...that decided to congregate around my table and discuss their travel plans...while it is very obvious that I am trying to concentrate on my work...anyway, another girl walks in and launches the entire group on another discussion. They are still talking RIGHT NOW. And, I am on the freaking brink of just screaming: SHUT THE F*CK UP.

But, I'll take a couple deep breathes first.

No comments: