11/19/2004

Remember that little suitcase left on the metro? I urged some lady to show it to the driver and a lady ended up taking it out...

Well, it turns out...later, when I went back into the metro to get to my class...they had stopped the entire line because of a "suspect object"...Wonderful. I guess I had a reason to be nervous...Anyway, that meant I had to dash to the bus stop, then get on the metro then switch metros...Needless to say, I was late to class. Then I had to leave early for services. Was late for services anyway...And, was too scared to tell my prof that I will be missing the awesome field trip in December because of Berlin. Gosh,...I gotta tell her. Man though, I love her class...

-----

I like doing these two parter things. It always seems as if I have two different types of things to say anyway...

-----

I had a very scary experience tonight, coming home from dinner.

I was walking home on my street, and some person said "bonsoir"...I didn't see the person, but I just said "bonsoir" back. Then, this mystery person suddenly caught up right next to me. It was a really big guy, decently dressed, a bit shady though...And he starts talking to me, while I'm walking. He asks me a bunch of questions, and I try not talking, or monosyllabic responses. He talks a lot. Apparently, in the two seconds he's met me, he thinks I'm very "charming,"...etc...(and all I've said is bonsoir...imagine how blown away he'd be by my analysis of fascism and communism...). ha.

He asks me whether I live in this neighborhood, and I tell him I live elsewhere, with friends, and that I'm visiting friends right now. (Not true)...In fact, I was nearly at my place...and I didn't want him to know where I live. He asked for my number...I said that I'd take his instead (learned my lesson there...). Got his number, and tried saying goodbye...because he was asking for mine still. He gave me a whole big lecture that I think was meant to be complimentary, about how he likes "natural" girls, how women today put on so much makeup you can't recognize them in the street during the day when you see them other times...(somehow, ppl's compliments are always borderline offensive, insulting...lol...only for me...). Anyway, I was amazed by his ability to stream out B.S. on the spot.

I pretended like I was in a rush...at the door of my "friend's" house. So, he said...okay, well...you'll call me, right? you'll call me (10x)...and I said, maybe later, I gotta go...

He's like..."i'll think of you, i'll be thinking of you" (repeat 10x)...

Now, here's the freaky part. You know how the French "faire les bises" ("kiss" on the cheek twice as a greeting/goodbye)...well, when the French do it, it's usually just basically putting ur cheek against the other person's and kissing the air)...

He grabbed me, and actually kissed my cheeks...thrice. It was really freaky...and I pulled back, because he was also trying to hug me or whatever. I said I had to go...I really wanted him to leave (well, obviously because he was freaking the hell out of me, but also) because he would soon find out that I did indeed live there, because there was no way of actually entering without using my key. He left, but I didn't turn around to see him go, I dashed to the door, pretended to intercom somebody...and then (praying that he wasn't there) glanced back, saw the coast was clear, put my key in the door, and ran in.

When I got into my apartment I just wanted to rub the skin off my cheek. Gosh, I felt/feel so violated.

You see, it was a little frightening because I was entirely alone with him there (no one else around), and he was much bigger than me, and just a big guy in general, like, lean muscle...

So, he could have taken me in just weight alone. Yeah, I was sizing him up the whole time (that's what I do when I'm frightened by people--I see if I can kill (fight) them...)--note my lack of distinction between those two things...

Btw, the guy's Egyptian, his name's Muhammed. haha. little did he know that I just got back from Shabbat dinner...

I'm just glad to be back home, and that he doesn't have my number. I am kinda worried about the fact that he knows I come here though. I couldn't think of anything else to do...I was looking for open stores or somewhere I could go so that he wouldn't know where I lived...but nothing was open...

Oh well. I'll just have to be more careful at night. I wouldn't want to run into him again, especially after not calling him...

No comments: