11/19/2004

Can it be that things are finally starting to work out for me? Two of my classes here are pre-approved as English classes, contingent on my ability to finish them (ah, dontcha love such disclaimers), and I just got an email from the PoliSci Dept. If you have been keeping up...I was really worried about getting polisci credit, which was why I was thinking to pile on The Sorbonne class...but, it all worked out. They are pre-approving two of my classes for polisci upper divisions as well. This may mean I still have a chance of graduating on time...Perhaps. I had to submit my syllabi to an Undergraduate Faculty Committee...pretty intimidating, huh? But, finally, bureaucracy that works! It worked...

Now, I just hope I did okay on that big philosophy paper...I'm really really worried about it now, and no amount of analyzing my prof's visage will help me.

He tried to make me guess my French grade, you know, the one I thought I did really badly on...ah, no mercy there...

Now just praying that my luck will hold out to the end of the semester. I am trying to work my butt of and keep up the grades. The problem is that so much is riding on so little...and, I feel like, to a certain extent, some grammatical mistakes are ingrained in me (in terms of me reading things over and over to catch them...), it's not going to happen. I can only do so much. But, I hope it doesn't cloud my ability to think, the coherence of my thought and the execution of my ideas. My fear is that it does--and I must find a way to mitigate this factor, or hopefully, make it disappear.

No comments: