5/16/2006

I'm in the last cycle of exams, perhaps, for the rest of my life. Last night I studied probably as hard as I have in a long time. This entire semester has been that way. I worked a lot. And, as has always happened, tomorrow's final final may suffer, but I will get it done. As I always have. And then life really will go on.

These last four years have flown by so quickly. Sure, it sounds trite. But truisms being what they are...

I really have changed a lot, been through so much, so many experiences. I came here very innocent and naive about a lot of things. I'd never had a serious relationship, didn't have to deal with loss--of loved ones, family, fortune...of a lot. But I also gained so much. I've learned to really rely on myself, as best I can. I'm still working on a lot of things, but I know so much more of what I need to work on, and how I have progressed. I'm a lot stronger, and a lot more mature. Though I may still be clueless in many ways, I know I've grown up a lot.

There are many experiences I will never forget. And there's not a single one that I regret. Everything I've done has brought me to this point, and I feel like I lived these years to the best of my ability; that I did all that I could to make the most of each moment, day, week, month and year. I've learned so much.

I will truly miss Berkeley and all the experiences I had here. I will come back to visit, but it will never be the same. But, that said, I am ready to move on, to take in new experiences, and see where the wind blows me. Tomorrow night I start the rest of my life.

Thank you Berkeley for helping me find me. I've never been very good at goodbyes, and it's likely that this is not the last goodbye I will say this week, but one in a series. And then, like I'm prone to, I'll just disappear...

No comments: