7/13/2006

On a nonpolitical note, now that I've got that out of my system...I saw "Superman Returns" last night...and I loved it.

Honestly, as a huge Superman fan, I was a bit apprehensive about the film. But I will be buying this when I get back to the States. I want to see it again.

Things have been picking up here...I'm trying to workout and keep up a healthy lifestyle, but it's really hard with all these summer time temptations and novel foods, chocolate and beers to try...I suppose I'll just have to try my best and really buckle down when I get back to the States. Discipline! Oh...but those fries...Belgian fries, lemme tell ya...and a beer, outside, on the terrace, after work...cmon...

This weekend there is a ton of things to do here, and I will be hard-pressed to plan out a schedule that involves sleeping, exercising and any form of personal quiet time (something that I really crave at the most inopportune times, it seems). This past week my head head boss here took me and his neice, who is visiting town, out to see "Lucky Number Slevin" (which was good) and dinner afterward (also good!). Then, this weekend my editors and me will be getting together to cook up a dish that will be featured in our paper--we shall cook, take pictures and eat. I'm quite excited. But, I'm also invited to a great party afterward that I want to go to. The night before I'm invited to go clubbing for the first time here, after cocktails at someone's house, followed by stopping by a bar...I'm not much of a party/clubber sort of person, but we shall see how this goes. I'm up for new experiences, and it sounds fun! Then monday evening I'm going to dinner with my boss, and Tuesday night some friends are making sushi at their place...Wednesday is my Spanish exchange class and Thursday dinner/drinks, and then it will soon be Friday again.

Oh how the weeks seem to fly by here...

I have less than a month now before I'll be traveling through Morocco, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. I cannot wait, but am somewhat wary of possible dangers I may face. I've been doing plenty of research though, and in any case, I absolutely cannot wait to get to Israel, no matter what the dangers may be. Life must go on, and I want to enjoy the most holy time of the Jewish year there...

Time has really gone by quickly, but in a way, I cannot wait for it to pass. On the other hand, though, every day that passes is one that I will never gain back. I really should try to cherish these days.

I'm too exhausted to type up any more of my thoughts. But there you have it, in bits and pieces, a rough update of my life thus far...Work is...well...work, and long, sometimes frustrating, but generally enjoyable.

Oh, and Jack. Well, he is neither here nor there. He is nowhere. Not a sign, not a signal, not a peep from him since April 20. No response to my emails, calls or anything. Maybe he's not reading them, maybe he doesn't care. But, wouldn't he tell me to stop if he had moved on? Maybe I've just gone crazy now. I've sent about four emails over this period of time...all very polite, and I also tell him that I will not email if he prefers that. But no response. The calls, similarly have been ignored. I do wish I would hear back from him...

My daytime thoughts are plagued by thoughts of him, my dreams by my EBF.

No wonder I can't sleep. What I need is a week of quiet, restful, dreamless sleep...or cocaine, so I don't feel the lack of it...just kidding.

No comments: