5/12/2005

Guess what?

Okay, you'll never guess.

Remember that A-hole guy from way back when? The one who I met at a party, who asked me out...then told me he had a girlfriend and tried to kiss me anyway? Well, about a week ago I saw a missed call from him on my cell phone. I thought it was a mistake.

Anyway, he called again. Today. The conversation was a bit strained...it was done on purpose on my part, and the natural course of things on his. He wanted to know how I'm doing...I gave me a nutshell (we haven't spoken for like four or five months...and I gave me a 10 second windup).

Here's a brief of our convo (except it was in French):

"Hey, this is A-hole guy!"

"Uh...hey, oh yeah...long time no talk.

"Yeah...it's been a long time. What have you been up to?"

"Oh, you know, school, working, I have tons of exams in the next two weeks...I went to the UK and Ireland during the vacation [that's the sum up], and yourself?"

"I just started a job at a new place...I'm only working from 10 a.m.-4 p.m....so I have a lot of extra time."

"That's good."

"So...maybe we can see each other? Oh...you have exams, so you tell me if it's okay."

"I really have to study and do a lot of work for these exams."

"Maybe after your exams, then."

"We'll see."

"If you want...I mean, it's up to you."

"Okay."

"Anyway, I have no plans this weekend, just Friday night...so if you're doing anything this weekend you can give me a call."

"Perhaps, but not likely."

"Okay, well, maybe I'll see you in a couple weeks?"

"Maybe. Okay, talk to you later."

"Uh, okay...goodbye, nice talking to you..."

(he keeps mumbling)

"Bye"

(as I put the phone down I hear)

"Ciao"


How flattering that he's giving me a call when he's bored and has no plans. I wonder if things went wrong with his girlfriend and she discovered he was a cheating, lying bastard. Hmm...that reminds me of someone else!

No comments: